Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tool # 11 Reflections

One of the most useful tools I learned about was the Wordle and Word Cloud tools. They will be very useful with my students that are working on building vocabulary. It is a creative way to reinforce words. I would give a student a category, such as "flowers" and he/she could create a Wordle with all of the adjectives he/she could think of. We would create an adjective book using this tool. I also like the digital story telling tools. I would love to allow my students to create a picture story and then have something of their own creation to write about.
The iphone/ipad is also a valuable tool in the classroom. There are so many options that can be used to reinforce learning.
The technology that is available to our students is exciting and a bit mind-boggling. I just hope we keep our wits about us and realize a child can have all the technology in the world available to him, but if he does not have a dedicated, loving and highly qualified teacher to instill the love of learning, it will not be effective.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you finished!!! Cool idea about making books with the kids' wordles.

    ReplyDelete